This blog is a ministry of Christ Reformation Church. It began as Light for Dark Times and it’s original intent was focused upon teaching Christians what the Bible has to say about evil. Specifically, evil in local churches. That is still a very important mission of this blog.
As you can see however, we have added “Christ Reformation Church” to the blog title and the reason we are doing so, and why we are making a few other changes, is that we realize we need to provide many of our readers with a church home. No, we aren’t trying to replace actual local churches, but the truth is that the condition of local churches today is, well, rather pathetic. And if you are a victim of domestic abuse (or other kinds of abuse) that occurred in the context of a local church, then you know that most churches on a street corner are simply not going to back you up. When it comes to having a church home, you end up homeless.
As a result, many of you have mentioned to us that our blogs (including unholycharade.com) and the sermons we publish on sermonaudio.com/crc have become what you consider to be your church or at least a primary source of Christian fellowship. So we are responding and making some changes and additions here that we hope will enable you to feel more like you are a part of Christ Reformation Church – this little body of believers here in Tillamook, Oregon consisting of only about 30 people. YOU are an encouragement to us too!
The changes we are making to this blog include:
- Including videos of the Sunday services (we are still working on this one) which will be posted on sermonaudio.com/crc by Sunday evening each week (sermons in audio and PDF format are already published there weekly).
- Including in the Sunday morning sermon video the communion service once each month so that you can participate with us if you choose
- Posting the Sunday morning order of service, including the hymn titles. Sermon Audio does not permit the inclusion of music, but you can find hymns online very easily, words and music.
- Posting a photos page so you can see what we look like and where we meet
- Establishing a book ministry through which we can provide copies of our books to abuse victims who can’t afford them
- Opening up this blog to comments (just as we take comments at unholycharade.com)
- Providing a means for anyone who so desires to give financial offerings to help join our little congregation here in keeping on with this work. In other words, a way for you to give to your church if you regard us as such. (see the donations tab at the top menu)
- A means for you to submit prayer requests if you would like the church to pray together with you, including the online church members. (see the prayer requests tab at the top menu)
We promise there will not be any tele-evangelist mega-church wannabe gimmickry! Ha! CRC going mega. That’s a good one. Our sole purpose, for the glory of Christ, is to proclaim His Word, strengthen His people, expose the wicked, and help the widows and orphans of our day – the victims of wolves. We desire to be His true church living in obedience to Him and warmly welcoming all of you “out there” whose hearts are with Christ to come and be one in Him with us.
One final note. Today (Sunday, Feb 10) we publish the last of the Domestic Violence and abuse sermon series at unholycharade.com (the series will still remain available at sermonaudio.com/crc). Each Sunday beginning Feb 17 we will have a link to that Sunday’s morning sermon here at CRC Light for Dark Times. It should normally be available by late Sunday afternoon and as we mentioned we are working to do video recordings.